Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of The Crystal Skull Review...

So I saw the new Indiana Jones movie last week.  I have really mixed emotions about it.

On the one hand, it was great to see Harrison Ford as Indy.  Totally, super awesome in a homecoming, heartwarming kind of way.  The opening scene was amazing with Elvis singing.

The movie got off to a pretty good start, but I don't think there was nearly enough character development.


For the record, my three favorite movies of all time starred Harrison Ford:  Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Blade Runner.  I think with this latest movie, Harrison Ford was great in many ways, but a bit rusty in others.  18 years is a long time to reprise a role.

I think the movie was too fast paced.  The action was exhausting.  It never stopped.  I think the best action adventure movies have a lot of action, then they slow down and go into character development, then action, then more character development, then action, then they end on a deep and prodound character development note.

I think the jury is still out for me, which is a disappointment in itself.  I wish I could just say it was great, and perhaps it is.  I think I need to watch it again on DVD.  

No comments: